Civics in Action: Choose Your Research Topic
Instructions: Last class, you listed 3-4 issues that could potentially serve as your research and service-learning project. Today, you need to choose one topic to research in the third quarter and address through service in the fourth quarter.
Step 1: Briefly consider your 3-4 potential issues. Then, choose one topic that you would like to focus on during the 3rd and 4th quarter.
Step 2: Create a question that can begin to guide your research.
● Should we allow immigrants into the United States?
● Should juveniles be sentenced as adults?
● Should the death penalty be allowed?
● Who is responsible for addressing global warming?
● Does shifting to solar energy hurt the economy?